Silkie sick? EDIT: doing fine now! :)

ChickenPeep

Faith & Feathers
11 Years
May 1, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I just got home today, and i think my 5 week old Silkie may be sick.
When we went downstairs to check on them, he just sat there on the ground. He seems very tired. He just pooped, and it was pretty runny. \\He seems fine other than being tired and having a runny poo.
I don't think it is Cocci because he dosent just sit there and puff up. He is a little active.
Is he ok?? What should i do? Could the other chicks get it?

Last edited:
Well you want to remove him from the others right away. I hope your silkie feels better.
hugs.gif

I've been feeding him/her wet bread and yogurt. She loves the bread, but not the yogurt as much. I changed the water and food for the other chicks immediately.

Please help! She's getting worse!
sad.png

I think she's constipated or something. She hadn't pooed for over an hour or two. We we were checking her out and she dropped one.
sickbyc.gif

It looked fairly normal but she isn't eating now. HELP!!
hit.gif
hit.gif

She's also having nasal drainage when she breathes out. I believe your chick has a cold. How to fix it? I don't know. There are many threads here about it though. Good Luck.

Quote:
no, i think that's just because she was cold. We moved her somewhere warm right after that. Thanks for the reply!
Any ideas what else is wrong? I feel like she's just wasting away.
hit.gif
Help, please!

On the video of her breathing, i've seen her breath like that before, but this time she was breathing REALLY hard.
What antibiotics do i use? I don't have any chicken antibiotics.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom