Silkie story

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Daidohead, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Daidohead

Daidohead Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    Red Bluff, Ca
    I went to tend my RIR's one morning a couple of months ago and was surprised to find a black silkie roo standing outside the door to the coop. I to this day have no idea where he came from. As I walked up the little fart attacked my boot. I couldnt help but smile because his gnat attack was cute as compaired to what my RIR roo has done. After a few days of being gently launched off of my boot his attidude changed. Instead of being in full attack mode (as much as a silkie can be anyway) he started running up and sitting on my boot ! The little bugger liked being launched ! This game went on for a few week until I found him a good home. I have checked on him a few times at his new home, he is sooo very happy with having ladies to tend, and he is still sitting on boots.

2. NGT ANGL

NGT ANGL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    What a wonderful story!! Thank you so much for sharing!

3. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    LOL. the little turd. I am glad you found him a good home. Someone must have dropped him, thinking, Oh, they have chickens....lets leave him there. I hate people who do that. But anyway, thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by