Silkie Thread!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BooeyBird, Oct 26, 2013.

1. BooeyBird

BooeyBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2012
    Missouri
    I decided to start a silkie thread :D If you have silkies or they facinate you, feel free to join in, here is my silkie rooster, unknown coloration.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    hi! i have 4 white silkies! your silkie looks to be either blue or black... i would say blue because he is not that dark in coloring...

3. BooeyBird

May 26, 2012
    Missouri
    You're probably right, he does have some white on him too. Are all your white silkies hens? He was supposed to be a she and now i have a rooster named Miss Jemima. LOL

4. ChickenLover200

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    haha yes i thought 2 were roosters bu everyone turned out to be hens...
    your rooster might be a cross between white and blue??? i am not an expert silkie person though :)

5. BooeyBird

May 26, 2012
    Missouri
    Maybe. I'm no expert on silkies either, he is actually my first one! We went over to the farm where we bought him the other day to get more but none were for sale. I guess i have to wait t'il spring. :)

6. BooeyBird

May 26, 2012
    Missouri
    FEEL FREE TO POST PICTURES AND ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR SILKIES!![​IMG]

7. ChickenLover200

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    we had two that we thought were roosters and they turned out to be hens...
    we got 6 chicks from TSC at Easter time and 3 out of 3 were roos... makes me just want to throw up....[​IMG]
    i fell in love[​IMG] with he roos and we kept all three of them... [​IMG] stupid me.... i don't know what breed they are either.... one minute someone says their one thing another minute they say their another thing! and i thought they were another thing and someone told me different! [​IMG]
    well that is a long story that i won't tell so... another day another time.... [​IMG][​IMG]

well it surprised me when i saw our one silkie hen lay an egg today when she left the nest... the egg was sitting perfectly bigger side down and skinnier side up... looked like it was in an invisible carton [​IMG] What else am i not seeing??? [​IMG]

sorry i am just in a silly mood lol
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. BooeyBird

May 26, 2012
    Missouri
    I can't wait t'll my polish and cochin pullets start laying! Hopefully with this rooster of mine I can make some cute mixes!

9. ChickenLover200

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
  10. BooeyBird

May 26, 2012
    Missouri
    Cool, thanks for the link. I doubt he would win though.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by