Silkie throwing up??

filmcmahon

Chirping
Nov 3, 2019
Ontario
hello! i have a year old silkie hen who just yesterday threw up some clear liquid. She did it again today.
We are thinking it’s because two days ago we added some new pullets to her pen and maybe she is eating their chick feed?
She layed yesterday if that helps.
Has anyone had this before? She is acting all normal except for the throw up.

Regurgitation is usually caused by a crop that is not emptying as it should. Feel the crop. Is it very full and squishy?

To be sure it's not a crop disorder starting up, withhold water and food at bedtime and check the crop in the morning before you let her have any food and water. The crop should be empty. If it isn't, you then need to figure out what crop disorder you have on your hands in order to treat properly. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

hello! i have a year old silkie hen who just yesterday threw up some clear liquid. She did it again today.
We are thinking it’s because two days ago we added some new pullets to her pen and maybe she is eating their chick feed?
She layed yesterday if that helps.
Has anyone had this before? She is acting all normal except for the throw up.
Nothing to do with chick feed.
I'm betting she just drank a bunch of water, and her cup(crop) overfloweth.
Did she tip her head down or did you pic her up just before this happened.
Have seen this numerous times when a bird has just drank a bunch of water.

Nothing to do with chick feed.
I'm betting she just drank a bunch of water, and her cup(crop) overfloweth.
Did she tip her head down or did you pic her up just before this happened.
Have seen this numerous times when a bird has just drank a bunch of water.
the first time we saw it, we had picked her up and put her in the grass, and she bent over and was eating it. i’ll check her crop too

Regurgitation is usually caused by a crop that is not emptying as it should. Feel the crop. Is it very full and squishy?

To be sure it's not a crop disorder starting up, withhold water and food at bedtime and check the crop in the morning before you let her have any food and water. The crop should be empty. If it isn't, you then need to figure out what crop disorder you have on your hands in order to treat properly. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
i will withhold water and food at bedtime tonight. she is still eating, which according to the article, she should be doing less of if she had a crop issue. i’ll update in the morning

Back
Top Bottom