Silkie too with eye infection

Its ME

Songster
Mar 29, 2016
Perry, Kansas
my lavender Silkie roo has one eye completely shut. I opened it to see what was in it and it looked like some bedding or food got kicked in it. I let it be for awhile to see if it would clear up on its own but it hasn’t. Any suggestions on how to clean his eye?

Do you see any bubbles or pus in the eye? Any pictures? Wash it out with saline, and get some antibiotic ointment into it twice a day. Plain neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment are okay in a pinch, or get some Terramycin eye ointment at your feedstore (ask a clerk if it is locked up.) Use the ointment trice a day.

0F4595E8-FFBF-4333-8F0A-6360345F81E7.jpeg

There looks like a small amount of debris and pus in the eye, so I would flush with the saline andclean it with QTips, and apply the ointment into the eye twice a day. You can make some sterile saline by adding 1 tsp of table salt to 16 ounces of water, and boiling it for a few minutes. Then cool to room temperature, and store in a clean jar.

There looks like a small amount of debris and pus in the eye, so I would flush with the saline andclean it with QTips, and apply the ointment into the eye twice a day. You can make some sterile saline by adding 1 tsp of table salt to 16 ounces of water, and boiling it for a few minutes. Then cool to room temperature, and store in a clean jar.
Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom