Silkie Turken Sex Question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by urbanhatch, Dec 26, 2008.

1. urbanhatch

urbanhatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    New York
    Here is one of my 3 month old Silkie Turkens. Anyone have any idea if Hen or Roo?? Thanks for any comments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    An adorable little girl!!! She is perfect for my Showgirl project. Homozygous for the Naked-Neck gene, so all of her chicks will have Naked Necks.

3. urbanhatch

urbanhatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    New York
    Thanks so much for your comments. I guess she is a she and I am going to keep her. Very friendly, I feed them by hand sometimes. I have two, one has some feathering on the neck and slightly bigger, but look the same. They are twins.

4. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Quote:Like, real twins, from the same egg??? Cool! and what a cute lil sweetie you got there.

5. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Quote:Hey, Kentucky Silkies know his stuff !
    That is my brothers little girl.LOL Isn't she a lovely little cutie pie! I am sure jealous!!
    Ohhhh....she is a Phyllis Diller lookalike for sure.............I told him he is one lucky guy to have hatched her. [​IMG]

6. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    Things are good here. I am going to post pictures soon of my Showgirl project. I have a Frizzled Showgirl rooster and a regular Silkie feathered Showgirl rooster so I will have two pens. Each guy will have 3 or 4 hens.

That girl is awesome. I have one very similar but with a bowtie and a larger puffier crest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by