Silkie with Cocci.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Countrypunk92, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    I received four chicks, one was not with the other three before I bought them, I brought them home at about 11 o clock at night. And didnt have chick feed, I went out to my main coop and broke off some of the flock block and broke it apart and fed it to them, They didnt eat all night until the next morning, i went and got chick starter and came home to feed them. that night I noticed bloody poo, so I watched until I found the chick who pooped it. I found that it was one of my Partridge Silkies. So I waited to see if it was just because I fed them the flock block and it pooped something that it ate and was to big, the lady I got it from said that some had pasty butt, and could tell this one did. I waited and found it deficating blood again and becoming very lethargic and not moving.. not even cheeping, so I seperated the chicks, and put sugar and Antibiotics into the water..A few hours and it is moving more and cheeping. Still defacating blood. I dont thing this chick will pull through. I have never had a problem with Cocci and neither did my friend who I got them from.. I do not have the money to get corid or other medicines to feed my chick..Just praying that the chick will pull through.

2. Countrypunk92

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    QUICK UPDATE! She is now eating!!! First time in several hours Ive seen her eat..Im so happy!

3. Countrypunk92

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    She is more active then she has been, I went out last night and seemed like there was blood in another of our chicks poo, I seperated it and came back to it several hours later and still active and no bloody poos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by