silkie with deformed feet? :-(

busylizzie

Songster
10 Years
Aug 4, 2009
I am in the process of hatching my first black silkie chicks - two of four out and dried, one pipping and zipping currently. My third one has just emerged but appears to have deformed feet.....some of the toes appear to be pointing in the wrong direction - the chick is quite large compared to the others and not as vigorous but is moving around and cheeping a little.......any advise on this.....obviously if he is happy and able to walk then I will give him a chance but I don't want to let him suffer - any thoughts/experience appreciated.

Hmm i would leave her/he until you can really see some discomfort or serious injury. Give her the best fighting chance
wink.png

I have found that the silkie chicks feet sometimes appear "deformed" the first day or so. Sometimes they almost looked like "club foot" but then after walking around for a few days, they straighten right out.

That's just been my experience...

I will - thanks squirtchy! I definately will! Good luck with you hatch I will be listening out for news from you!

Thanks Oldtimegator - glad to know it might be ok. The chick has definately woken up.....very noisy and bright now!

Back
Top Bottom