1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie with hocks??

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard o' started by Ortiz5954, May 17, 2016.

1. Ortiz5954

Ortiz5954 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2015
    [​IMG]
    (Dani AKA JETPACK)
    [​IMG] Hey new to silkies and as hoping to breed and show, someone said these little jetback looking things on back of this silkies. We are keeping our silkies separate for most part and plan on breeding to sell but are also hoping to show a few of them. Any infor wld be great. Thanks , also any insight to what type of silkie she may be. All my other silkies look nothing like her.

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    What do you mean by other kind of silkie? :)

3. Ortiz5954

May 14, 2015
    What type of silkie does she look like?..buff or something else? My other silkies 2 are white, one is splash and the other I think may be possibly a partridge silkie. Perhaps it's color what they consider it?

4. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest

The chick in the pictures white and should feather out white :D

5. Ortiz5954

May 14, 2015
    Thx, hopefully a little different than my other whites lol can only tell them apart from their combs if I am close enough. I was really hoping a lavender guess I could always get more :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by