Silkie with the runs!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chilman, Feb 25, 2012.

1. chilman

chilman Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2011
    I have a 7 month old silkie with the runs. She has had them for about a month now. She is laying eggs, eats, and behaves normally. She does not have mites or any other body critters because she is bathed quite often. We are having to bath her frequently because of the mess she is in; poop is all over her. We have tried rice, bananas, yogurt, eggs, sweet potatoes, sulmet, duramycin, vinegar water, changed their food from crumbles to pellets and no luck. I have talked to people at the feed store and no luck. I am at a total loss. I spent all day trying to find a vet that would see a chicken, again no luck. This sweet baby isn't just a chicken, she is a family pet member and we love her dearly. We used to be able to sit and hold her, rock her in the rocking chair, walk around with her tucked in our arms but since she started laying eggs we cant. Whenever you pick her up, she looses control and poop goes everywhere.

Does anyone have any idea what direction I need to go in? I dont know much about chickens or what to do. My daughter will be crushed if anything happens to this baby. Does anyone know of a vet that will see chickens in the Greensboro NC area? My sweet Dumpling is the the blond silkie with the purple glasses on.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. AnimalLady123

AnimalLady123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    At the computer
    I am very sorry to hear that and do not know what the problen might be but, I hope everything comes out OK!! Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by