1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie x Cochin Gender?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jferlisi, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    I hatched out 3 mystery chicks on between 1/11 and 1/12. They are all silkie feathers but there feathers and this ones comb. We contacted the person we got them from and she said they could be silkies, silkie x polish or silkie x cochin but since the feathering on the legs are so heavy i would go with silkie x cochin. This chicks comb has turned pink but the other two are still black. My guess is this is a cockerel by how pink the comb is already and wattles. I just want to double check with you all. LOL =)

[​IMG]

Also is this one and one of the blacks is already sparing would you say the other black is a roo also? This one backs down but the other wont. The third is just kinda there and does the usually running scratching and sleeping thing, so my guess is i have 2 cockerels and one pullet. =)

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    its a cockerel

3. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

X2

4. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Any thoughts on the black by the behavior.

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    need a pic of the black one to tell :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by