Silkie x cochin genetics

Akoharski4

Songster
Apr 21, 2019
Hi all. Looking for some genetics help with my silkie x cochin hen... she is the product of a white silkie rooster and a silver laced cochin hen (bantam). I am looking to improve her crest, beard and comb. She is a hard feathered bird.

I am hoping to cross her back with an unrelated silkie male. I have paint and splash roosters. What could be the best f2 combination for her?

Both potential mates for her have impressive crests/beards and correct combs. Since the offspring would be 3/4 silkie- what would the feathering ratios look like (silkies vs hard feathers) and color outcomes be?

thank you in advance!

Akoharski4

Songster
Apr 21, 2019
Hi all. Looking for some genetics help with my silkie x cochin hen... she is the product of a white silkie rooster and a silver laced cochin hen (bantam). I am looking to improve her crest, beard and comb. She is a hard feathered bird.

I am hoping to cross her back with an unrelated silkie male. I have paint and splash roosters. What could be the best f2 combination for her?

Both potential mates for her have impressive crests/beards and correct combs. Since the offspring would be 3/4 silkie- what would the feathering ratios look like (silkies vs hard feathers) and color outcomes be?

thank you in advance!
4F4DB1B5-9DDB-4D0D-A1AA-598AF4A45761.jpeg

Akoharski4

Songster
Apr 21, 2019
Since she's split for silkie feathering, half will be silkied and half won't. Unfortunately I am no help color wise
Thanks so much for your response. So...she’s half silkie and then the offspring would be considered 3/4 silkie, right? And with that it’s still 50/50 of the silkie feathering?

Top Bottom