Silkie x Orpington?

Sure is completely possible~!
smile.png

Both my chicken buddy and I have had pretty good success crossing bantam cockerels on standard hens…

I am Guessing it really only takes a very determined bantam roo and willing hen.
wink.png

I just think Some roos are better fertility rate/aggressive breeders with the big girls than others. Have one frizzle roo cochin that I cant hardly get fertile eggs from even with the smaller polish let alone the big girls. Think it just depends on each individual bantam roo.

We Just hatched out chicks for a buddy of that exact crossing!~ buff orphington hen x wht silkie roo the other chick is a orph hen x bantam red frizzle. The third one (darker chick) is RIR hen x to wht silkie roo. cute little mongrels.

bufforpxsilkie.jpg

orpxsilkie.jpg

cochinxorp.jpg

silkiexRIR.jpg

Sure is completely possible~!
smile.png

Both my chicken buddy and I have had pretty good success crossing bantam cockerels on standard hens

I am Guessing it really only takes a very determined bantam roo and willing hen.
wink.png

I just think Some roos are better fertility rate/aggressive breeders with the big girls than others. Have one frizzle roo cochin that I cant hardly get fertile eggs from even with the smaller polish let alone the big girls. Think it just depends on each individual bantam roo.

We Just hatched out chicks for a buddy of that exact crossing!~ buff orphington hen x wht silkie roo the other chick is a orph hen x bantam red frizzle. The third one (darker chick) is RIR hen x to wht silkie roo. cute little mongrels.

bufforpxsilkie.jpg

orpxsilkie.jpg

cochinxorp.jpg

silkiexRIR.jpg
Do fizzles just happen? Or is it special breeding?

Back
Top Bottom