Silkie x Sicilian Buttercup cross Cockerel

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Breac, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Breac

Breac Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

Chestnut needs a new home! This little guy hatched in April of this year. He is 3/4 Partridge Silkie and 1/4 Sicilian Buttercup. His mother was a purebred Partridge silkie and his father was a Sicilian Buttercup X Partridge Silkie cross. He's fairly small, about average silkie height.

Right now I've just got too many roosters, and Chestnut seemed the best candidate for re-homing. He's fairly skittish when approached and initially picked up or handled, but once he's being held he calms down immediately and becomes very docile. He has never shown any aggression to people and doesn't really fight with the other roosters.

He's a great little bird and needs to go to a home where he will NOT be killed for food. (He's too small, anyway.)

I will NOT ship him, but I can arrange either a pick up, drop off (within reasonable distance) or a half-way meet in either the Janesville or Edgerton area of Wisconsin.

I would be happy to answer any questions concerning Chestnut here or in a PM.

2. STARCANNON

STARCANNON New Egg

Oct 30, 2011
    Only if you were closer to Eau Claire! Are you sure you won't ship it? Ahahaha [​IMG]

3. Breac

Breac Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Oh my, so close, and yet so far. I'm fairly reluctant to ship him even a such a short distance. I've never shipped a chicken and I'm worried he wouldn't make the trip. Would you consider a half-way trip in Tomah? I could drive up there with him from Janesville and you could pick him up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by