silkie x ???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by spish, Jul 6, 2011.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    i have three little chicks....hatched out about 8 weeks ago..the "mum" has recently kicked them out from under her as they are just too big for her now, yet they're doing remarkably well alone [​IMG]

im guessing dad was my silkie, as 2 of the three have 5 toes (the two black ones, they also have black skin) and 2 have tufts on their heads (one of the black ones and the white one.)

now judging by the pearly white legs and round body of the white one, im guessing silkie dad on my orpington girl? but the black ones i have no idea....could be australorp, marans, orpington, ? anyone care to take a guess as to what they are crossed with based on body shape?

chick one...black with red flecks on the neck, 5 toes black skin, black legs and feet...no crest, single comb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

chick 2 - 4 toes, crest, pearly pinkish white legs, silkie tpe comb (sorry dont know the name)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chick 3 -black, black skin,black feet and legs 5 toes, crest, single comb, a few silver flecks on neck feathers

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  2. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    is your orpington a buff? The black with the gold on the neck could be mixed with the buff orp, and the buff is bleed thru on the neck

3. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    The silkie was black?

4. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    my silkies are patridge, i have a black orp, a buff orp, a lav orp a light blue orp, a cuckoo orp and a darker blue orp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by