Silkie ??

kelebek1977

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 4, 2014
Hi

I bought this 2week old chick last week. Was told its a Silkie. Was also told it's most likely female due to not having a 'tuft' on its head. The chick only has four toes though and I thought slikie's had 5? It has new feathers coming through on its feet.
I'm not convinced its a silkie. :-/ Anyone a silkie expert and can prove me wrong please?

Definitely not a silkie. Silkie cross maybe. What kind of comb?

As for crests, all silkies have them regardless of gender.

Hmmmm, :-(

It has no comb yet.
I'm a little confused on the colour too. I was told the parents are 'chocolate/gold silkies to white cockerel which gives you black'. But the chick has a pattern of white on the wings. Dont get me wrong, its a beautiful little bird but I feel a slightly disappointed.

It isn't a standard color. And gold crossed with white results in black??

I'm afraid the person you got him/her from is clueless.

It isn't a standard color. And gold crossed with white results in black??

I'm afraid the person you got him/her from is clueless.
I figured that when I asked the guy questions. I actually bought the little bird to keep my single hatched, sizzle chick company. Its a little disappointing cause I may need to rehome the bird now that I know it's not a silkie. Not what I wanted to do really.

....So now that I know it's not a silkie. What is this chicky? Feathered feet, four toes......

A mixed breed. maybe when it's older and has adult plumage you'll be able to have a better idea what went into the genetic mix.

for now, it can sure keep your single company. If you need to sell it after a few months, well, then it will have served its purpose.

maybe silkie mix. Personally I think it is a beautiful little chick with very interesting markings. At least keep it long enough to realize it's full potential (maturity)

maybe silkie mix.  Personally I think it is a beautiful little chick with very interesting markings.  At least keep it long enough to realize it's full potential (maturity)

Yes he/ she is gorgeous and will be staying with me. Id worry if I let it go. The seller has RIR's
Lavender Pekin, silkies and the daddy is a white silkie.
I still can't work out the mix?? I'm beginning to think he doesn't know AT ALL what
Breeds he has.
1f61e.png

Back
Top Bottom