Silkie!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Frost Homestead, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    Yesterday my DH and I went to the locally owned feed store to get some layer pellets. We were thoroughly convinced that we wouldn't but any more chicks, and we probably would have been able to resist...but.... they had silkies! Previously my DH has said he doesn't like chickens with 5 toes or feathered feet, so I was surprised when he picked one of them up and got a funny look on his face and exclaimed "it's so adorable!" [​IMG] yes...yes it is LOL. [​IMG]

So we picked out the only white one they had and now he/she is getting toted around in my DH's homemade papoose he made from one of my old hemp handbags. He says he makes it look manly [​IMG] now we just need a name

[​IMG]

2. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    Beautiful baby!! We need a photo of DH with the chick in the carrier!

3. BasicallyHeather

BasicallyHeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Lowellville, Ohio
    Oh my goodness, so cute!! And I love the image of your hub carrying it around in a manbag...[​IMG]

4. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    he wrote about it on facebook and now friends are offering him money for pics! [​IMG] I don't think he'll let me take one, but if I do I'll make sure to post it

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

It's so cute!! [​IMG]

6. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    ADORABLE!!!!!! And great story too![​IMG]

7. Maeve

Maeve Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Too cute!! I've always wanted a Silkie!

8. bhazell123

bhazell123 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Welsh La
    Haha my dh was grinning and said it should be called nugget lol my hubby secreatly likes silkies too lol

9. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

They're not just eye candy... They're scrappy, too. When I first introduced my Ameraucana roo to one of the little Silkie-X hens, she kicked his fuzzy behind and made him holler. He's only twice her size!! *chuckles*

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I wanna see pics of hubby's chick papoose!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by