Silkie

Splash is like white with buley spots on it and Partrige is like a red colour with black and brown they Are a bit like random.

Just look up the colours on the Internet.;)

No splash is like white with bluey spots and Partrige is like red brown and blackly.

I would show pics but I am on the iPad so I can't.:p

My white is a White Lavender splash
Brown & Black one is a Buff Slash
Grey Blue one is called a blue no splash because its solid colour
...Then my older hens (White is True White no splash, and Black is Black solid no splash)

Attachments

• IMG_2931.JPG
    IMG_2931.JPG
    528.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2930.JPG
    IMG_2930.JPG
    585.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 63039141316__7611461D-94AA-4FB7-9589-1C494EF5CE3B 2.JPG
    63039141316__7611461D-94AA-4FB7-9589-1C494EF5CE3B 2.JPG
    551.7 KB · Views: 6
  • tempImageCpU8MT.png
    tempImageCpU8MT.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
I didn't think there were different colours of splash? I thought a black bird with one blue gene would be blue and two blue genes would be splash which lots mostly white with some black feathers sprinkled throughout. I would have said the white lavender splash above was a grey/silver partridge and the black and brown one partridge, but i'm in Australia so maybe colours are labelled differently over here?

My white is a White Lavender splash
Brown & Black one is a Buff Slash
Grey Blue one is called a blue no splash because its solid colour
...Then my older hens (White is True White no splash, and Black is Black solid no splash)
Your birds are gorgeous, but I do not see any splash in your photos. Brown one almost looks partridge, but she is likely mixed colors.
Grey/white one looks to be a grey or light silver partridge.😊

You are correct @Willawong Hill, splash is splash and is part of BBS color genetics. Also in the US.
View attachment 2496222
This is a splash:
View attachment 2496224
Thats interesting. I was told by a silkie show owner that splash simply meant there was a "splash" of another colour in an otherwise pure coloured bird. My larger white one has a "splash" of blue on the backside of her head, so she wasn't show quality and therefore was told she was a white with splash.
But thank you for the information! Its really interesting to always be learning.

Back
Top Bottom