Silkied Ameraucana eggs Lavender and Black split to Lavender

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Thespoiledchicken, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Thespoiledchicken

Thespoiledchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Long Island
    Lavender Silkied Ameraucana Eggs

12+ eggs $75.00 includes shipping
    6+ eggs $45.00 includes shipping

I only send out very fresh eggs and always include extras. Eggs vary from blue to blue green to greenish colored.

I have a Silkied Lavender Ameraucana roo over Silkied Lavender and Silkied Black split for Lavender Ameraucana girls. All chicks hatched will be Silkied feathered Lavender or Silkied feathered Black split for Lavender. Please know that technically these birds are considered Easter Eggers as Silkied feathering is not an accepted feather type in Ameraucanas and Lavender is not an accepted color for the breed either.

If you are not familiar with the project these birds come from pure breed Ameraucanas that had a spontaneous feather mutation...no Silkies involved with this project whatsoever! You can read more about the project here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/827543/silkied-ameraucana-project

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Bluechick2u likes this.
  2. jennabug

jennabug Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2014
    South Eastern Washington
    Hi! Beautiful birds! I do have a couple of questions.
    Are these large fowl or bantam?
    What is the coloration of their eggs? Are they good layers?
    Is this variety heat and cold tolerant?
    Thanks!

3. Thespoiledchicken

Sep 12, 2011
    Long Island

Hello :)

These guys are large fowl. Right now their eggs are still a little on the greenish side with some laying a decent blue. And yes they are great layers out of 7 girls I get about 5 eggs a day.

I am in NY they tolerate our weather good haven't lost any to heat/cold. One thing to be aware of with them is that the nature of silkied feathering does not allow them to fly. You will have a pile of silkied birds sleeping on the coop floor unless you offer them a ramp to their perch. A plus as they are very easy to keep out of the garden or unwanted areas with just a small barrier since they can't fly like most chickens.

I do not have any eggs at the moment as I have already broken up the pen and am growing out this generation for future breeding. Hoping to have eggs by the Fall if the girls start laying in time if not I will be offering them again in the Spring. This new generation will be all Silkied Lavender with no Blacks.

I have started a waiting list please let me know if your interested :)

Thanks

4. jennabug

jennabug Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2014
    South Eastern Washington
    They sound lovely. Yes, please put me on the waiting list and don't tell my husband. ;)

5. Thespoiledchicken

Sep 12, 2011
    Long Island
    You got it! And your secret is safe with me [​IMG]

6. vanahjeane

vanahjeane Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2014
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Do you have a website or FB? Right now I'm working on a Polish project, but I already have some Ameraucanas and EEs. This sounds intriguing!

7. Thespoiledchicken

Sep 12, 2011
    Long Island
    No website or FB right now I do most of my egg sales on BYC and sell chicks locally. If your interested you could always pm me your email and I can let you know when they are available again.

Thanks!

8. vanahjeane

vanahjeane Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2014
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Sure, that's sounds great!

9. Saris

Saris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane
    Hallo, I am just marking this thread. Hopefully I will find a way to order some of these by next spring or summer. These birds are so neat!

10. Purpletie3

Purpletie3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    Upstate NY...
    I am interested in some more when your ladies are laying again.

Thanks,
    Christina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by