Silkied Ameraucana pullets or roos?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NewChickenMom69, Jul 24, 2014.

1. NewChickenMom69

NewChickenMom69 In the Brooder

May 8, 2012
    Can anyone tell me if these little ones are pullets or roos? They were hatched June 3rd.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

So far they look like pullets but I would repost in a couple of weeks and ask again! :)

3. NewChickenMom69

May 8, 2012
    Thanks Basskids08, I will.. One of them is trying to crow but have not gotten a visual on which one.. I will keep you posted.

4. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

I looked again closer this time and I think it's the second one in the 2nd pic towards the right.

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    My best guess for now would be to look at combs and go by the rows. Triple row is usually male, single row is female. It's not 100%, but it's a really good indicator.

6. NewChickenMom69

May 8, 2012
    Ok Here is updated pictures... Anyone's guess.. Silked Ameraucana Pullets or roos??? I heard one of them trying to crow but did not see which one..[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    I think I see at least two roosters, since that is a lot of comb for approximately 8 week old pea-combed birds. Individual photos of each bird would help, though.

8. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Wow they sure have changed in that short amount of time, I believe I see 4 cockerels and your pullet is in the last pic in the very back! Hope I'm just seeing wrong :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by