SILKIED bantam Cochin pullet

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyb1969, Feb 18, 2011.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

This young lady is 18 weeks old. Silkied feathering is extremely rare, but can be reproducible with a "starter" bird such as this. Shipping is available when weather is appropriate to do so. $16.99 for a new shipping box, plus actual Express Mail shipping cost to your zip code. Here is a link regarding this pullet with some very helpful info from a fellow BYCer, who just happens to be one of the very few people who raise this beautiful variety:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=452628

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  2. DelcoChix

DelcoChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Just wanted to say...she is gorgeous! ....soooo tempting though...

3. shelleyb1969

Quote:Thank you for the compliment...but I take no credit for her. A friend of mine gave her to me when she was a baby chick with down feathers. I knew she was special when she got her "big girl" feathers.

4. Rachel's Hobby Hatchery

Rachel's Hobby Hatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    North West Michagan
    [​IMG] to bad you are three hours away or I would buy her. My chickens are 1/2 silkie 1/2 cochin bantie and a silki roo, so it would be an intresting pairing.

5. shelleyb1969

Rachel's Hobby Hatchery :

[​IMG] to bad you are three hours away or I would buy her. My chickens are 1/2 silkie 1/2 cochin bantie and a silki roo, so it would be an intresting pairing.

Ya know...there's LOTS of wonderful Michigan folks who I'm sure would help out with a chicken transport. [​IMG] [​IMG] Not that I'm an enabler or anything. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Do you mind me asking why you're not using her in your Blue Barred project? Just imagine - SILKIED BLUE BARRED! [​IMG]

If I buy her (and I'm seriously considering it - I've got my bird fund for the year all set aside, untouched thus far...) that's what I'm doing with her!
    She should go to someone who plans on developing Silkied Cochins as serioulsly as swheat is though. It would be a shame to see those genetics go to waste, or just get muddled up with regular old Silkies. Just saying. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
  7. shelleyb1969

Quote:My blue barred are a whole separate project by themselves. LOL Yes, silkied blue barred would be awesome...but I've got way more than enough going on with my various projects. And add on all the other breeds I have to keep/get up to standard...I've got my hands full. [​IMG]
    To keep this pullet, I would need to relinquish one of my other varieties. To start the project and not be able to devote enough time and attention to it just isn't fair to this little lady or the project. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by