Silkied feathers (NOT feathers of the Silkie!)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Oct 22, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of their Silkied babie's feathers when they start coming in?
    I dont mean of the Silkie I mean like Silkied Serama or Silkied whatever! I have a baby from Zoomummzy's Silkied pen I just hatched out on the 19th and her feathers are starting to come through the feather capsules but I seen where a couple people with her eggs have been getting Smooth babies from the Silkied pen so this makes me curious and really has me racking my brain.. can someone post some pictures of their Silkied babies' feathers when they started braking through the feather shafts? this is also to help educate me for the future when I get more Silkied babies.

2. edgarmongold

edgarmongold Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Quote:When the wing feathers come in and it only takes a couple of days on chicks you will know if they are Silkied or regular feathered birds.

Just wait a couple of days and all will be revealed to you.

3. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:When the wing feathers come in and it only takes a couple of days on chicks you will know if they are Silkied or regular feathered birds.

Just wait a couple of days and all will be revealed to you.

Thank you Edgar! I think im just a little scared because I dont want a smooth baby..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by