Silkied Serama Cockeral - "Phillip"

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by juliette2009, Oct 26, 2010.

1. juliette2009

juliette2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    Being offered for free, or the cost of shipping, is a Silkied Serama cockeral, hatched mid-June, 2010.. He is from my own line of Silkied Seramas. Shipping is $50 for a USPS approved box, and my flock is NPIP & AI certified. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For reference, here is his Daddy...

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    Do you have a smooth hen you would be willing to sell with him? Also, do you know his size?

3. juliette2009

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    Quote:He weighs in at 13.5 oz.

I am extremely shy on hens/pullets, Mother Nature has not been kind to me in that department this year!

4. juliette2009

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    In the interest of full disclosure, I have to say I found last night, that a couple of my girls have been "hen-pecking" some of my silkied boys...! The boys just sat there while the girls pecked at their "manes" (neck feathers). It was breezy yesterday, so I guess those feathers waving in the breeze (more like fur), were just too irresistible! It's only their neck feathers, and only Tony has a bald spot big enough to even show on camera, but I did want everyone to know about it before bidding, so I'm posting this for all my silkied boys, just so you know they're not sick, nor do they have mites, they're just "hen-pecked"!!! I'll be giving them plenty of extra hard-boiled egg to speed the regrowth of those feathers!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by