1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkies 5 weeks Old, Girls or Boys?????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ericsgirlie, Aug 10, 2011.

1. ericsgirlie

ericsgirlie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Easton, MD
    Ok, I did this quickly this morning. Some were better than others as models for the photo shoot [​IMG] Also can you help me know what I am looking for? Do they have beards?

#1- Mini. Very Tiny but sweet
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#2 Tweetheart- Hoping for girl, but I have my doubts [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#3 No Name yet
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#4 Curious George or Georgina?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#5 PB
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#6 Flower
    [​IMG]

#7 Charlotte
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#8 Pretty Girl
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#9 No Name Yet
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

We have 7 more, but thought I would start with these. Thank you so much in advanced for your guestimations [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    It's way too early to tell. Post pictures in another 3 months and we'll probably still be guessing. I have pics up of my 4 month olds and I'm only asking for guesses.

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    5 weeks is WAY too early to tell. I can usually tell by 3-4 months, but as Diana said, it's still hard to tell sometimes.

4. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I never make definites on gender until they are about 6 months old. I have had some I swore were boys turn out to be girls and vice versa. Silkies are tricky. No way to know until they are a LOT older. Truthfully, with some of mine I wait until an egg or a crow pops out. Only way to be sure with some of them. [​IMG]

5. ericsgirlie

ericsgirlie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Easton, MD
    LOL, ok [​IMG] I hate waiting ;p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by