Silkie's 5th toe growing out in V-shape from 4th toe about 1/3 of the way up. Good or bad?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ChickyChooky, Jan 2, 2014.

1. ChickyChooky

ChickyChooky Out Of The Brooder

Hi, everyone! [​IMG]
    I've been researching [​IMG] what the correct placement of a Silkie's 5th toe should be. It took me a while but I, finally, found it with a photo! Yay! [​IMG] Here on this website! I should've come here first! [​IMG]

In the example of the correct placement, it looks like the fifth toe should grow out from the base of the fourth toe outwards in a V-shape. I have one or two Silkie's whose fifth toe grows outwards in a V-shape but from 1/3 to 1/2 way up from the fourth toe. Would this still be considered incorrect or just a minor one?

I'd appreciate any comments on this, please.

Thank you in advance,[​IMG]
    ChickyChooky

2. maxpedley

maxpedley Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2013
    Although not a major issue it is I believe a minor fault. It would not warrant not breeding from thse silkies though and would probably not even be such a fault in ashow.

3. ChickyChooky

ChickyChooky Out Of The Brooder

Hi, MaxPedley!

Thank you so much for spending the time to answer my question. It is much appreciated. Now, I'm in the know! [​IMG]

Cheers,
    ChickyChooky [​IMG]

4. maxpedley

maxpedley Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2013
    Your welcome

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by