Silkies and Bearded d'Anvers

Go to this site: http://www.kippengrabbelton.be/engels/ and click on 'breedsinfo'. It tells you the statisitcs about each breed, including the average number of eggs in a year. I don't think the site is active anymore but it holds a ton of information.

Silkies are cold hardy but the d'Anvers are not. I just did research on them. mypetchicken.com will tell you about breeds that are cold hardy. they have a search tool for finding what will work.

I have never raised d'anvers, but I cannot immagine why they would be less cold hardy than the average. Also, they have a rose comb, so frostbite is considerably less of an issue. Native to Belgium, they should be able to handle normal winter temperatures with regular care (food, shelter).

Quote:
I sometimes use it but it has a lot of sellers and they only tell you good things about their birds.
I wanted advice from people who have had them.

Matthew

You should be able to locate breed clubs with google; likewise, feathersite had links to breed clubs, plus at least some information about each breed.

Quote:
Yes, ask Aubrey on that thread, he has Seramas, Silikies, and OMG does he have some d'Anvers. I can tell you what he will say to the questions you asked, but ask him yourself and he'll give you lotts of personal info on them you can even order some birds from him.

Back
Top Bottom