1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkies and Dutch bantams for sale- CO

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Smoky73, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I have several silkies for sale at this time, most of the females are hens, between 2- 3 years of age and are some of the stock I started with and I have moved on to better now. These would make great pets, some you could show, like the splash and whites.
    You take your pick with what birds you want in your pairs.

I have:
    2 single -Buff cockerels- $10/each
    2 buff pairs, a cockerel and a hen- $25/pair

1 blue cockerel/splash hen pair- $30/pair
    2 splash hens- $20/each

2 white cockerels- one with visible wattles is $15 other one is $20

I will be listing two VERY NICE pairs of white on eggbid only - soon

Also have a small flock of Light Brown Dutch bantams. There is one older cock bird he is 5 yrs old, was my first Dutch bird I ever go and pictured on my website as a cockerel when he was in his prime. My CLB rooster does not let him do much now and I want to get out of the Light Browns due to focusing on my Cream Light Browns only. I am asking $100 for the Light Browns- there are approx 7 hens of various ages. one molted in with a bunch of white feathers for some odd reason? These are all pure Holland Stock, none are hatchery birds.

To see pictures of the Silkies go to my website listed below. I do not have pictures of the Light Browns for sale, as they are mixed in with the Creams and Blue Creams at the moment so hard to single out.

I can ship, but I will have to get some used ones from my friend or will have to buy more.

2. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Buff pairs are sold

and

Blue/Splash pair and other two splash hens are sold as well.

3. NJQuailGirl

NJQuailGirl New Egg

Oct 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    oops saw they were sold. What pairs of silkies do you have available and how much to ship to NJ?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  4. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    I'd be interested in a couple of Silkies. Is it possible to get some hens that are still laying eggs? I'd like to get one rooster without the vaulted skull. (I know that the vaulted skull is considered to be desirable but I never got used to it.) Depending on the age and price I'd like to buy four hens. Let me know what you think.

5. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    The only thing that I have at the moment is two buff cockerels. All the other silkies are being delivered hopefully Sunday if the weather cooperates. The Dutch bantams I believe will be sold after Christmas.

I will have two pair of whites for sale, however, I have not had time to pick out the pairs or time to bathe them with the holidays and all. I am not sure if the roosters are vaulted or not I will have 4 roosters total for sale, two to go in the pairs that have been shown and two thaT are currently on my website. Not all the birds were vaulted as chicks, I am really bad at telling as adults.[​IMG]

6. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Thanks for the rapid reply![​IMG]

7. <3chickens

<3chickens New Egg

Dec 25, 2008
    I'd like to see pictures of the dutch Bantams. I can't take all seven and i definately can't take another rooster. Please let me know if this is ok or if you've already sold them. If they are still avaliable i have a few questions but im very excited! thanks
    btw i live in ca so they would have to be shipped

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by