Silkies are hatching and the new sponge is working for humidity

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chikincrazee, Nov 17, 2010.

1. chikincrazee

chikincrazee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    IL
    Hi...i have some eggs from cjexotic and they are on day 21 tomorrow but a few pipped last night and this morning i have a splash and then while i was looking at the chick another one cracked out and its a nice splash too....is it safe to leave them in the incubator until tomorrow night as my nankins all popped out like popcorn and then i just got them out....i also wanted to add that i have a brinsea 20 and to keep the humidity up i ran an IV tubing thru the bottom vent holes into the water channels where i place some sponges then on lock down i got what is a palette sponge very thin for keeping paints wet for up to 3 days i cut a piece off and put it on the bottom of the incubator under the hatching tray and then there is a larger surface for the water to create moisture....i have been able to keep my humidity up in the 65-70 range with no problem..you can buy them at Cheap Joes art supply or Dick Blicks they are called Sta Wet palette sponges...its hard to stay away from that incubator with all the hatching going on

2. Belinda's Funny Farm

Belinda's Funny Farm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2010
    Texas
    Quote:Good luck on the hatch and thanks for the humidity tip. I have been having to keep adjusting mine to keep it up to 65-70. I will try that next hatch.....

3. toby5

toby5 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2010
    TN
    [​IMG] Hi .... I just got some eggs from cjexotic also but I just set mine on the 12th.
    Cant wait to see these babies.
    Be sure and put on pictures...[​IMG]

4. chikincrazee

chikincrazee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    IL
    So excited up to 8 peepers and 21 days is tonite and a bunch more are pipping and zipping..some beautiful SQ splashes but they are all cute

5. MomMommyMamma

MomMommyMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    [​IMG] Yea! Can't wait to see some sweet little fluffy butts! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by