Silkies babies

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by horseyjess, Oct 23, 2009.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Ok so I gave up on finding my girls a Silkie for 4-H. They are fighting like heck over my little Showgirl so I went to the showgirl breeder to get a second girl and somehow had to have this little Silkie that she had as well. It has good feet and spacing from what I can tell, I think it is adorable but have been shown to be wrong [​IMG] .. Regardless it is staying as MY baby lol. It looks a little different then the pictures of the bitties I have seen here. I am thinking its because its just young and its fluff is coming in.. What do you think. If needed tomorrow I will try to get better pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. clucking chicken

clucking chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    omg theyre are beautiful a little bundle of joy hope it turns out to be a succesful mom because silkies are brilliant at that.[​IMG]

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Awww cute little baby [​IMG]

4. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Birds young, so hard to judge really, but the toe placement/seperation on the right side (left foot) could be much better. They should not be side by side like that. Ideal toe placement is the fourth and fifth toes are not connected at all, and the fifth toe curves backwards.

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Oh so cute! I'm getting ready to order some... I can't take it anymore!!!

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Toe placement may not be perfect, but it is not bad, and perfect feet only accounts for 4 out of 100 points; certainly not something to stress over. Better to pay more attention to areas that have more impact.

7. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:Like? I am willing and wanting to learn [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by