Silkies...Beaded or Non-Bearded??

silkiemelon

Songster
7 Years
Apr 11, 2012
Washington
I have 4 chicks I bought from a local store, and the label read "Silkies: Comes with assorted bearded and non-bearded"

Now they are all two months old, and I don't know if some are bearded while the others are non-bearded, or if some are just maturing faster than others.

Compare them. Chick 1 and 3 look non-bearded to me, while 2 and 4 look bearded.....

Chick #1
Chick #2

Chick #3
Chick #4

What do you think?
(Oh and by the way, any ideas on gender?)
big_smile.png

Last edited:
LOL It takes six months to figure out gender? I'm doomed! I can't wait that long, LOL! My silkies will be two months on Saturday. My little MEgg Frying (get it, Meg Ryan) looks just like your silkie in the top pic. They are so much fun aren't they?

Ok, I'll keep watching them, but I'm still convinced two are bearded while the other two are non-bearded...only time will tell!

And wow, 6 months just to guess gender? It takes usually 3 months for me to figure out if their cocks or pullets ; )

Oh, I apologize Chickjen! I looked back at my post and thought "Wow, that sounded very know-it-all and rude of me". I absolutely did not mean it like that. I was thinking "Wow, it's funny how some silkies show their genders at weird times, some sooner and some later" but I guess my words came out wrong. I mean, I had a friend who didn't know her silkies gender until it laid an egg!
Once again, I'm sorry for sounding so rude!
hu.gif

no worries! SilkieMelon:) I will post my silkes pics, and HOPE you can shed light on MY mystery it is KILLING me!!! Will do in the morning if it is not raining too bad.

Back
Top Bottom