1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkies, cochins & australian spotted duck for sale (NC)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by asher, Sep 3, 2008.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Will all be going to eggbid as soon as I get a chance, possibly tonight. Shipping may be possible if temps cooperate, but you will pay the express shipping and the box. Shipping is NOT cheap (I believe it STARTS around $35 and goes up based on weight) and the box is $10. Pick up is welcome and preferred in a public place near my home. Located in Western NC, about 35 minutes from Asheville.

Four partridge silkies ~ still in that gawky stage, crests still attempting to come in. All have five toes, but I am not the original breeder and am unsure of their quality, but they did come from a mixed color flock so be aware of that. I have NO clue on gender. Please don't ask and I never gurantee genders on juvenile silkies so you take what you get. $6 each (THere's only 4, dunno how I got 5 pics in there.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

White silkies, same deal as above, from the same mixed flock. $5
    [​IMG]

Three cochins, black, possibly mottled. One is a girl, the other two are boys and very slow to feather in and get their look. Their parents are great quality, though, mamas all from Judy Gantt. $15 for the girl, $5 for the first boy picture, 2nd boy is free (he's less typey, obviously, but would be a great pet!)
    Girl
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1rst boy
    [​IMG]

2nd boy
    [​IMG]

Australian Spotted Bantam Drake ~ I'm not sure which he is, silver or blue head. He was from Holderread's, from the end of April hatch. $25 (And only b/c I got overrun with drakes, gave one to my neighbor, kept one and don't have enough girls to keep more than one. I had a hard time finding this breed so probably should keep him JIC, but not sure how that works with ducks and too many drakes. [​IMG])
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by