Silkies, Easter-Eggers, Barred Rocks, Mixed Breed, and a leghorn

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickens are great 12, Aug 8, 2011.

1. chickens are great 12

chickens are great 12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2011
    Hi Everyone! I have 5 Easter Eggers, 3 Barred Rocks, 1 leghorn, 1 Mixed Breed, and 2 Silkies! If you have any of these breeds, feel free to post pics of them! I will post some pictures of mine later! Thanks everyone! [​IMG]

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] from WA. [​IMG] glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. chickens are great 12

Aug 5, 2011
    thanks for the welcome! [​IMG]

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] fromn Kansas! [​IMG] Looking forward to seeing your chick pics!! [​IMG]

6. chickens are great 12

Aug 5, 2011
    Thanks! Post pictures of your chickens! I LOVE animals! I have 15 turtles, 2 rabbits, 2 dogs, 12 chickens, and probably 1,000,000 fish!!!!! [​IMG]
    I am going to take A LOT of pictures of my chickens tommorow, then I will post them! Oh and can chickens eat bread?

7. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    welcome! [​IMG]

yup they can eat bread [​IMG] what kind of fish?
    oh here's a few of my chicken pics [​IMG]

my sweet, sweet silkie roo, Raven, who passed away earlier this year [​IMG] i also have a partridge silkie chick named Kodi [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Barred rock, Peregrina (left) and possibly EE, Clove (right we'll be able to tell when she starts laying lol)
    [​IMG]
    my mean 'ol leghorn, June i finally replaced with a serama pullet the other day [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i also have a bunch of other breeds and mixes as well as 8 assorted fish, a snake, 13 mice, a cat and a rabbit [​IMG]

8. chickens are great 12

Aug 5, 2011
    Pretty chickens! I am sorry about your silkie rooster passing [​IMG] I have lots of kinds of fish! I have fully grown and baby Coi's. Also another 13 breeds!!!!!! [​IMG] thanks, I have lots of bread and I figured i'd give it to the chickens. I just gave it to them, boy they love it! [​IMG]

9. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    bread is always a favorite treat [​IMG] mine love yogurt and cream cheese too but it's very messy!
    edit: thanks [​IMG] raven was amazing. i wish he hadn't died as he did. we think he had a couple of strokes. after the first one he acted like a chick and hardly made any noise even tho he had been very regal and always loyal to his flock, keeping as many as 7 other roosters in line at one point! luckily i hav many of his children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and even a great great grandchild who's egg i set the day his great great grandmother died, and who hatched when raven had his first stroke, and was four weeks when raven passed away. in the same hatch, his last grandchick was born. some day i'll breed them and carry on his line for as long as i can.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  10. chickens are great 12

Aug 5, 2011
    Thats a good treat! Can you feed them flavored yogurt, or just plain? I usaully feed the chickens as treats fresh fruit and now bread. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by