Silkies for Sale- Black/Blue/Buff/Gray (PA, MD,WV)

silkieluver_07

Songster
11 Years
Jan 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I am tested every three months for Avian Influenza and pullorum Typhoid. All birds will have their LT vaccinations as well. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I am looking into learning how to ship adult birds. Local pickup is welcome or I can deliver to the Pennsylvania Farm Show in January. I will be exhibiting my birds there.

Trio of Buff Silkies- They around a year and a half old (bought from fattie on here). The hens are very nice with great wingsets and 96% clear. Nice dark combs on the females, and the males is the correct mulberry color. The pictures don't do them justice because they are sunbleached and currently molting. The male likes to be the center of attention all the time. $80 for the trio Sale Pending

017.jpg

018.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

2 Black Cockerels- from destiny_56085 Both these boys are gorgeous with correct toe spacing, no leakage in the hackle area and nice heavy foot feathering. I just have too many boys and these guys are the lowest of the pecking order. The other boys were pecking their crests so they are in a seperate pen until they find new homes $20 each. Camera flash caused them to look washed out. Sold

132.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

197.jpg

196.jpg

I also have a blue cockerel from destiny_56085 Has correct everything, but has silver coloring bleeding through in the hackle area. $10

I have a blue silkie hen to make a pair with the black boys or the blue boy. I will not sell her seperate. $25 Sold

I also have two grays and one buff silkie youngster. 3+months old $5 each 2 blue youngsters are Sold

2 Faverolle/silkie crosses FREE to good home, looks to be a pair

Last edited:
Hi -Are your silkie crosses pullets or cockerals? Do they roost or sleep on the ground? I am looking for 2 pullets/hens that do not roost. I started a small flock this summer. I have 3 BBS Orps, 1 BSL and a crippled EE. My EE sleeps on the floor of my henhouse, and I thought that If I got 2 more ground nesters she might be warmer. I know that sounds crazy, but I just think she looks lonely. I used to have a little EE roo that would sleep with her, but he had to move on because I already have an Orp. roo. I guess I should also ask if you think silkies would do ok with this mix of birds. So far nobody seems very aggressive, but I do wonder if a huge Orp. roo could hurt a silky hen? Let me know your opinion please, as I am sure you have more experience than me!! Thanks! Sarah

Back
Top Bottom