1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkies For Sale, Various Great lines (NC-Will ship)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by asher, May 28, 2007.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Going to post here before I stick them on egg bid tonight. Need to raise $ for DD's ER bill. Copy and pasting this post from my local group yesterday.

In addition to these, I also have a LOT of buff and some partridge silkie chicks available from my own lines. $4 each, various ages. These are listed in local papers and the buff especially go quick so first come, first served.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I had planned to hang on to these for a while, but we had some family things happen last night which made me realize I'm in way over my head and need to get rid of some chicks so I can spend more time with the kiddos. Plus I need to raise some money to pay our ER bill. [​IMG]

Where available, I will list the web site to the breeder so you can look at the parent stock. If you have questions about specific birds, please let me know (quoting the info about that bird) and I will get pictures for you or give more specific details. Most are in that "I'm still growing out/gawky stage" so not sure how much pictures will tell you, though. hehe

Due to the age, I make no guesses on the gender and will not gurantee gender nor take any back if it's a gender that you are unable to keep. Sorry! [​IMG]

White silkies - 2 - from Fluf N Stuff - Hatched April 14th
    Band #'s Blue 56 and Blue 52

Light buff silkie from http://www.hinkjcpoultry.com/
    Band

May 2 - various colors, from Cara, cannot remember her web site, but parents can be seen on this thread. I'm keeping the buffs b/c that's the only color we really raise and I love hers! :laugle
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2068
    Band #'s
    Yellow 80 - White
    Yellow 82 - White
    Yellow 73- Splash
    Yellow 75- Blue
    Yellow 74- Blue

Price is $15 per bird. I'll be sticking them on egg bid very shortly (tonight) if there are no definite takers here.

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  2. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    I just sent you an email Cindy. I am interested.
    Thanks!

3. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Oh! Adding two more! Found two gorgeous white silkies in the brooder that I thought I'd listed for sale ~ nope! hehe

I also have two white silkies that I hatched out of Bobbi Porto lines. They were hatched May 16th. Asking $20 each for those. Look like they're going to have GORGEOUS crests.

4. shobbs

shobbs New Egg

Jun 1, 2007
    Cindy, I am interested in buying one of your white silkies (of the older bunch) if you still have some available. I recently lost one of two that I had and I believe my other is lonely. Please let me know.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  5. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Hi - I put the older 4 whites on egg bid a few days ago. I'm sorry. [​IMG]

6. shobbs

shobbs New Egg

Jun 1, 2007
    That's ok...do you still have any of your silkies left or have you gotten rid of all of them?

7. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    I emailed you. I'm interested in a couple if you still have them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by