Silkies - Guess the Gender

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Enchanted Sunrise Farms, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    These chicks are 29 hours old. Can you guess the gender?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just being silly and wanted to show off pics of my new babies! [​IMG]

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    LOL [​IMG] They're adorable!!!

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    love the pics, very cute!! where did u get ur black silkie baby from? i would love to find some that dark looking.
    thanks,
    silkie

4. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    She is just the blackest black, she does not photograph well. i hatched her from eggs from Tom of Kentucky Silkies, he's here on the board, and you can see his silkies at www.kentuckysilkies.com Out of 9 eggs only these hatched. Not his fault at all, most all developed, but my broody hens were playing football with the eggs until i took them away and put them in my incubator. i just love these two little chicks. Can't wait to see how they look when they grow up.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2008
  5. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Very cute.
    I have 2 that are all black & very pretty. They are about 10 wks. I will have to get some good pics when the sun comes back out.[​IMG]

6. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Tom has some beautiful silkies I have the pleasure of owning 5 of his beautiful babes...Here is a pic of one of my black pullets from tom (Kentuckysilkies)

Full body pic the pic is lightened because she is so black you couldnt see her.

[​IMG]

My converted table I use as a Temp Cage...LOL Gotta love Stuff you can turn into a pen..LOL

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  7. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Oh my goodness Teresaann, that is a gorgeous pullet! i hope my little black one turns out to look like her.

8. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:Yes she is somthing eles I also have a grey and another black pullet from Tom. They are all beautiful.

9. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Hey Colleen........ I see 2 little girls [​IMG] ........... I was so hoping to find a few splash silkies.....looks like i will be hatching in the spring [​IMG]

10. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Lurky, i have been wanting a splash silkie since i first saw one on this board. i thought you had a splash?

i am done hatching for the year. We just don't have the room in this house. The peeps are crammed into our teeny "master bathroom". But when Spring comes, i would love to add more Showgirls. The three i have are just the sweetest things.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by