Silkies in Los Angeles area need new home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Enchanted Sunrise Farms, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i hatched more silkies than i figured and now need to part with some to thin down the crowd.

i have three white and three black, all between 3-4 weeks old. Two of the white ones have smooth feathers on their bodies (i don't know why), but all other characteristics look silkie.

i hatched these at home with eggs purchased on ebay. They are unsexed, but they are all adorable. If anyone in the area is interested, i could post pictures.

Thanks!

Colleen

2. yearofthedog

yearofthedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    I'd love to pick up a silkie or two(was waiting to order some from mypetchicken in March!). Too bad I'm not making a California run any time soon! [​IMG]

BTW, I grew up in Woodland Hills, just down the way from Tarzana...I miss Cali!!

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    yearofthedog - So where are you living now? Woodland Hills is just a couple blocks away. i grew up in Northern California and moved down here 7 years ago to marry my husband who is in the film industry. Other than the few super hot days in summer, i love living here. We live poolside most of the time, even into December.

i ordered some silkies from mypetchicken several months ago when my first set of eggs never hatched. i ordered 3 white, 3 buff, 3 blue, 1 partridge, and 1 polish. i got 3 buff, 2 blue, 1 partridge, 2 polish, and 4 black. Then my other eggs hatched - 18 additional silkies .

i've sold some, kept most of my first batch, but it's getting to be crowd-mentality now, especially when i put in the special treats, like mealworms or crickets. You would think you were at the Cow Palace during a Rolling Stones concert and someone yelled "Fire!".

Anyhow, i did get one guy from my craigslist posting who called me and wants my little guys. He sounds really nice, and has had silkies before, so i may be okay here.

4. yearofthedog

yearofthedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    airheart43,
    I'm in Las Vegas now...it's kind of like "California in the desert", but not really! [​IMG] And, there are NO chicken people here! [​IMG]

BTW, I have four banties, a birchen cochin, a black and a blue cochin and a seabright...just in case you were wondering! [​IMG]
    (I thinks I've overdone it with the smilies!)

Cindy

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Hey Cindy,

Gee, does it take me a long time to reply to a post or what? As for "California in the Desert", after this horrible heat wave we just went through, i think Las Vegas would be loverly.

i did find homes for the silkies i originally posted, but now i have four more to find homes for, as i thin the madding crowd - one beautiful Partridge silkie bought from mypetchicken.com, who is supposed to be a girl but sure looks like a boy. Then a buff girl (i think), a buff roo (i think), and a splash type of grey, white, with partridge tips that i think might be a rooster. They are all only 8 weeks, so time will tell.

Anyhow, sounds like you have a nice little flock. i've never had a cochin, but they sure look sweet.

Colleen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by