Silkies in the SW Montana area?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by skillswife, Jan 30, 2011.

1. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    I have been very interested in the silkies, their temperment and size seems great. But I haven't been able to find any breeders even close to my area? I need suggestions and help on this, I think we would be better to start with chicks not eggs, but any input would be much appreciated for this newbie!

Thanks, so much,
    Christine

2. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    I have shown in Montana twice, but live in SE Washington. If you ever get over this way, I can give you your fix, or if you are interested in purchasing started birds or pairs I can ship- but I don't ship chicks.

You can see some of my show record on my BYC page. Silkies are a fun breed to raise, and are easy to handle/work with/contain.

3. skillswife

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Thanks so much. We do get to WA some as my sister lives in the Tri-cities area! I will certainly keep you in mind.

4. ultasol

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    I live in the Tri-cities. Next time you come to visit let me know, and I can see what I have available.

5. skillswife

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Lol well we are here(kennewick) right now but hubby really wants me to wait to bet more set up first;)

6. ultasol

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Not a problem,.. although if you wanted some now I do have some. Just try to give me some advance notice. Price depends on quality.. I have pet through show quality.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by