silkies laid there first eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chicken head34, Dec 19, 2010.

1. chicken head34

chicken head34 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    middleburg
    I went out to check on my chickys and saw that my silkies had three little eggs!!!! there first!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I have a partridge and a splash!!! hopefully i can talk my dad into getting me a roo!!![​IMG][​IMG] ill get pics later! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

3. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    [​IMG]

4. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Yippeee!
    [​IMG]:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats! And AGE PLEASE! I'm still waiting to find out whether my silkies are boys or girls. They're 6 1/2 months old. [​IMG]

6. chickendude1

chickendude1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Morganton North Carolina
    Cool !! My silkie started laying about a week ago. There still laying in this cold winter too !! [​IMG]

7. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    Wow, you should already know....My cathryn walden/hattrick/amber waves I can already tell. The males should have long feathers coming out the top of their heads, they are 4 months. Put up a picture and I might can help. The males legs are also bigger if that helps any.

Quote:

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:
    Nope, no crow no egg yet. I do have an alpha roo in that flock, so a silkie roo (if I have one) may be too intimidated to crow.
    I've posted pics before. Need to get some new ones, but they won't cooperate. Impossible to tell if they have streamers or not, because I gave them haircuts for clearer vision.

Sorry chicken head. Didn't mean to hijack.

9. chicken head34

chicken head34 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    middleburg
    its okay gritsar, lol my silkies are little egg laying machines!!! i went out there today and there where 2 more eggs!!![​IMG] hopefully i can talk my dad into getting them a rooster for christmas![​IMG] i ask this before on BYC but didnt get that many answers.....whats the best color roo to get for a partridge and splash hen? srry for reasking just very curious:)

10. misschickenlittle

misschickenlittle REALLY wants a new title

Oct 30, 2010
    Missouri
    Congrats on the eggs!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by