Silkies limp is getting worse

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I posted a thread about this but I have yet to get a response, it’s been over a week and my silkie is fully dragging her foot now and when she sits her foot curls, she has no movement in her toes, she’ll shift that leg around but won’t move her foot, I don’t see any swelling or feel any breaks. Any ideas?
image.jpg
image.jpg

I would suspect Mareks disease. But I would also treat for a possible vitamin deficiency, and treat for scaly leg mites. I would give 1/4 tablet daily of human vitamin B complex orally. Her feet look crusty and have raised scales. I would soak her feet in warm soapy water for about 30 minutes if you can keep the water warm, such as in a bathtub or sink. An old toothbrush may be gently used to clean her feet and legs. Then dry her legs well, and apply a thick coating of oil or vaseline and rub it into the scales. Repeat this at least a couple of days a week.

I would suspect Mareks disease. But I would also treat for a possible vitamin deficiency, and treat for scaly leg mites. I would give 1/4 tablet daily of human vitamin B complex orally. Her feet look crusty and have raised scales. I would soak her feet in warm soapy water for about 30 minutes if you can keep the water warm, such as in a bathtub or sink. An old toothbrush may be gently used to clean her feet and legs. Then dry her legs well, and apply a thick coating of oil or vaseline and rub it into the scales. Repeat this at least a couple of days a week.
She had something like Mereks a month or two ago but I managed to get her up and going perfectly fine with some remedies and egg yolk through a dropper, could it be Mereks and it’s coming back again?

We leave state in a few days for a couple weeks but the people who are taking care of my dogs might be able to do it

Back
Top Bottom