Silkies male or female??

jimmycb

Hatching
Feb 5, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm new here, first thread,
I hatched two silkies back in August 10th so there around 6 months old, could anyone give me any help in telling if they are hens or roosters? Many thanks in advance

Welcome to BYC I'm afraid I'm not good on sexing chickens other than my own but if you go to 'what breed or gender' they will help - its difficult to see, they are such cute chooks though
idunno.gif

Hello from Kansas, jimmycb, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! I am a terrible gender guesser as well on chickens - even more so on silkies. Along with the Breed and Gender Forum, you might also locate the Silkie thread in the Breeds Forum here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/14/general-breed-discussions-faq Perhaps a keeper of the breed may be able to give you an idea! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

Hello there, and welcome to the coop! I am so glad you decided to join the flock and I hope you'll make yourself at home here! :frow

~Cuz

G’Day from down under jimmycb
frow.gif
Welcome!

Adorable Silkies!

As you have already received some great links, I will just add that I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

The black looks to be a cockerel, and the splash a pullet. They don't appear to have black skin/ beak or legs. Do they at least have 5 toes on each foot?

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

I'm not familiar enough with Silkies to be able to guess but did want to tell you hello!

Back
Top Bottom