silkies on e-bay?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by siz8003, Jan 24, 2009.

1. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    has anyone here ever order silkie eggs from e-bayer thomdean46? I got some and wanted to know how they turn out.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You are doing a good thing by asking ahead of time.... E-bay has been harder and harder to deal with as time goes by...

3. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    [​IMG] well dont get his eggs if you are looking for SQ or breederQ the chicks are all wrong but oh well there still cute [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

Got pics? [​IMG]

5. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    [​IMG] there a little blurry but
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

AWWWWWWWWWWWW cute little fuzzy butts and heads!

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Are those cuckoos and buffs? From my understanding, those two colors can have yellow skin. It is a fault that they are trying to fix. But hey, they're still silkies! Or fluffies, as my son calls them [​IMG]

8. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    they are an assortment of blue, black ,splash, buff, calico, cinnamon, and ginger.I am not even sure if the last 2 are real colors.

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Well, you have a 'one-up' on me! I have never heard of calicos myself! That would be aggravating, I hope you didn't pay too much for those eggs!

10. ItsSuzzie

ItsSuzzie Chillin' With My Peeps

I would venture to say, it depends on what you want to end up with. If you want fuzzy chickens that lay you eggs and give you love, then go for it. If you are looking for birds to show some day of sell eggs as show birds, then I would look around first. I have silkies, and they are not what I would consider to be show quality, but they have wonderful personalities and make great parents. Depends on what your goals are. We have a member, silkiechick or therealsilkiechick, need to bounce around the user list to find her but her birds are show quality and quite the fluff balls.

I would bet the show quality ones have lots of love to give as well as the hatchery silkie quality birds.

It is an adventure...enjoy the journey.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by