Silkies or Satins? Did I make a mistake…

Helanaii

Songster
9 Years
Aug 28, 2013
Hey guys!
I have never owned silkies before for some dumb reason, and decided it’s time to finally cave and get some pet silkies!

I contacted a local breeder who breeds satins and silkies, she assured me her chicks were way better quality than a hatchery and talked me out of just ordering silkies from the local feed shop. She said two of the chicks she had for sale were silkies, one was satin.
Then I met her today after a week of their hatch with no appearance updates, she hands me the box——
This is what I got. Here they are- a week old.
Satins or silks?
3061EEED-C7A5-4970-B847-5B03B5885F21.jpeg

E4AF4142-5BB0-44A6-8F13-103FB9972C51.jpeg

Lil poof
116DBD73-5B4D-49B4-A122-924433E44B30.jpeg

A6DA7881-C10F-461D-BDB2-9F9C5BEFBAD9.jpeg

This was the guaranteed satin.
31BAB564-2F01-44D0-851D-464490214068.jpeg

I JUST got these chicks today—- never owned either breeds, so just looking for some experience to take a peek :,/

They look hard feathered to me so I would say all are satins - aka crossbred.

That’s what I thought…
Should I be… idk, not excited about this news? I know nothing about satins. If I was expecting to own silkies can I still be expecting the same size/qualities??

Maybe I should make a new thread for this…. Ugh. 😞

I have satins and silkies, and I love them all. I would be excited, they're not quite as common as silkies. You can always get some silkies.
AH okay, that’s wonderful news- thank you both!! That’s quite a relief to hear! I can only house a Max of 4 so a silky pullet may be a future option…
I am now looking forward to my little satin poofs, I’ll have to make a new thread for their growth updates!
Thank you guys!! 🙏

AH okay, that’s wonderful news- thank you both!! That’s quite a relief to hear! I can only house a Max of 4 so a silky pullet may be a future option…
I am now looking forward to my little satin poofs, I’ll have to make a new thread for their growth updates!
Thank you guys!! 🙏
Of course! Maybe so!

I'm glad you are! You'll have to tag me, I would love to see them as they grow.
What a beautiful baby!!! Aaaah I’m so excited! 😄
Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom