Silkies & Polish Oh My!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by TennesseeTruly, Apr 23, 2009.

1. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    When our local TSC had their chicks in, some greedy people snatched up all the Silkie chicks and didn't even leave me one. But....the woman at the local feed store, where I practically live lately, told me that they're getting in Hamburgs, Silkies, Light Brahmas, and Polish chicks tomorrow!

I'm going to be there as soon as the doors open and I'm NOT moving until I get to pick my Silkies and Polish chicks!! LOL The woman from the store even called me today to remind me that they'll be in tomorrow.

My husband wasn't happy but he loves me so he won't complain too much. They MAY be sexed too, she told me, so that'll be nice.

I'm getting Silkies in the morningggggggggggggggggggggggg....LOL

Laurie

2. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    If they tell you the Silkies are sexed...
    (quick, someone complete the sentence...)

3. Yoko

Yoko Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    SanDiego,California
    idk how to end the sentence...if they tell you the silkies are sex then make sure to ask which ones are pullets and which ones are cockerals? [​IMG] Well,i think thats exciting!!good for you!lol,post updates to us!!
    -yur buddeh Yoko

4. jywel417

jywel417 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    awww . . . . none of my feed stores in the area have gotten silkies or polish that I know of, at least not when I have been in . . . . CONGRATS to you tho !!!!!!!!

5. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Have fun picking out your chicks tomorrow.

6. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    jywel417, where in East Tennessee are you?

Wards Feed Store on Revere St. in Kingsport is where they're going to be. If you're anywhere near there, get there and get some.

They're probably going to go fast, just like all the chicks do there!!!

Laurie

7. jywel417

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    Really?? I think that is about a 2 hr drive from me but I will mapquest it really quick . . . . I am in Oak Ridge, near Knoxville and have a class at UT in the am but it gets out by 10:00am . . . . mapquesting now . . .

8. jywel417

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    yeah, its about 2 hrs from here. . . . I did get a list of all the feed stores that I know of in the area tho that I may call in the am to see if they have any chicks . . . if not I can always try and hold out until next weekend and hope maybe there are some at the Cocke county show . . . ooohh the temptation tho . . . .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by