Silkies, showgirl and turkens...Update! PICS! Day 21!! Ck it out!

Jenlyn9483

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
YourLinkGoesHere I have 6 remaining good eggs out of 8 chicken eggs from the eggs I got from Pidgey. Two silkies, Two Turkens, A small bantam egg, and a Standard Sultan. Today at noon I heard loud chirping coming from the bator when i went to give the new baby quail fresh water, I looked in the window and saw a white silkie chick stumbling around in there. I was so surprised to see a fully hatched egg this soon. All of my eggs always hatch right on the money on day 21, i didnt even have any pips last night and didnt see one this morning either. What a nice surprise, I sure hope its a girl! The other silkie could turn out to be a showgirl since she had 3 showgirl roos in with her silkies, cant wait to find out. This is my first hatch of pure bred eggs so I'm excited
smile.png
Can't wait to get more eggs from pidgey.

Last edited:
baby silkies are so cute arent they? I have had that happen a few times but its not that they had a 19 day incubation its that I have alot of broodies and when I gather the eggs sometimes I miss one and its got 1 or 2 days incubation on it already when I put It in the incubator!

Thats exactly what i suspected had happened. She has alot of silkies and there are quite a few nest boxes and there was a couple broody hens setting on nest.

im sorry, i still havent gotton any batteries for it my camera yet! That stinks...but i have two more pips the smaller turken egg and the mystery bantam egg,,,peeping coming in from in there. We are about to leave for the night for the storm and will be back in the morning, the eggs are in the new hatcher so they are save in there, nothing in their for them to get stuck on or under. Hopefully I will come back in the morning to see a few more fuzzy butts hatched out.

UPDATE DAY 21

ok so I sent my BF home to feed up and chk the chicks. The turken and the "mystery" chick were hatched..the mystery chick turned out to be another silkie egg, a splash silkie. He scooped them up and brought them back to me, (we are staying about 20 minutes away at my sisters stout block house on higher ground to wait out the storm). The large turken that has been shaking since day 18 has not hatched yet, but is still shaking and moving around. The sultan egg hasnt pipped either. Those are the only other two I expect to hatch, judging my my candling a few days ago, the Green Americauna egg looks very SKETCHY!
I just sent BF to the store to get some batteries for my camera FINALLY! Stay tuned for pics finally...in a few
Pheasent eggs go into hatcher today!

Back
Top Bottom