Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
I may have found a local source for crele, chocolate, chocolate paint, mauve, and paint silkies!!! Just need them to hatch eggs plus i need my coop setup completed...

Anddddd, i gave my girls an Epsom salt pedicure spa bath today.... and 3 have pox. Let's hope it's fowl pox and not avian, otherwise my parrot is probably going to catch it, if it isn't incubating already 😪
My flock is dealing with fowl pox too :-( So far the silkies have avoided it…but not sure that will last. I hope it’s not the kind your parrot can get!! 😞

Betty the broody Silkie has finally been broken of her broodiness. She’s a tough one! It took a week and a half to break her…and now we wait to see if she will lay eggs again soon. Silly girl, she was really saucy when I’d lock her out of the coop during the day and went after the other ladies like a cranky old lady haha. Such funny little characters ❤️🥰

My flock is dealing with fowl pox too :-( So far the silkies have avoided it…but not sure that will last. I hope it’s not the kind your parrot can get!! 😞

Betty the broody Silkie has finally been broken of her broodiness. She’s a tough one! It took a week and a half to break her…and now we wait to see if she will lay eggs again soon. Silly girl, she was really saucy when I’d lock her out of the coop during the day and went after the other ladies like a cranky old lady haha. Such funny little characters ❤️🥰
I thought the cochin was free of the pox... but when i gave her her spa bath neck massage, i felt a scratchy bump under/behind her ear lobe. Esmeralda, my polish, is in a separate cage, but next to them. Not seeing it on her, yet, but haven't checked. Don't even want to touch her now, in case I'd be transferring anything. I guess we can just wait it out.

How did i forget my silkies broodiness?? 😆 even locking them out didn't work, they'd just "make" a spot in the area under the coop! I had to do the dog crate solution. Adding a roost to it seemed to speed things along.

I thought the cochin was free of the pox... but when i gave her her spa bath neck massage, i felt a scratchy bump under/behind her ear lobe. Esmeralda, my polish, is in a separate cage, but next to them. Not seeing it on her, yet, but haven't checked. Don't even want to touch her now, in case I'd be transferring anything. I guess we can just wait it out.

How did i forget my silkies broodiness?? 😆 even locking them out didn't work, they'd just "make" a spot in the area under the coop! I had to do the dog crate solution. Adding a roost to it seemed to speed things along.
Fingers crossed for your other babies!

They sound pretty spoiled and happy—spa baths with neck massages sound pretty amazing 😍

I am hoping I don’t have to go the crate way…but it’s probably inevitable! I was worried that she would just settle in somewhere else too. They really do love being broody!

Smokey's 3 chicks are now nearly 9 weeks old, just started roosting together - mostly due to Chickaletta kicking them out of the nesting coop but really it was about time anyway.
1 obviously a cockerel, 1 almost sure a pullet and other possibly a pullet I think..
IMG_20211204_193949.jpg

IMG_20211204_193954.jpg

IMG_20211204_194024.jpg

IMG_20211204_194031.jpg

Back
Top Bottom