Silkies wanted NE AR/SE MO area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kuntrycritters, Dec 11, 2008.

1. kuntrycritters

kuntrycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    NE Arkansas
    I am looking for a few Silkies. It really doesn't matter on what color as long as they are pure silkie. I absolutely LOVE the breed. Thanks [​IMG]

I am in the Northeast Arkansas/Southeast Missouri area.. so the closer the better

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  2. kuntrycritters

Feb 2, 2007
    NE Arkansas
    I found some, not to far from me, but was wondering what a reasonable price is to pay on a pair of black silkies? I have never bought Silkies before. The guy that is offering to sell these to me is asking $20 pair... is that a pretty good price for them?

3. tbooher1

tbooher1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    Montabla
    I would consider that $20.00 for the pair, is a fine price, especially if they are of the same color. I will have some chicks later this month. They would have to be shipped.

4. kuntrycritters

Feb 2, 2007
    NE Arkansas
    Okay, thank you. I have never bought silkies before, so I wasnt sure on the price that they sell for.

How much will you be asking for your chicks later on, and what colors do you have?

5. tbooher1

Dec 14, 2008
    Montabla
    I will be asking 3.50 per chick. They will be splash. I was very unfortunate with a predator attack which left me with hens and roosters, but none the same color. [​IMG]
    They would ship overnight, and that price is just by zipcode. If your interested, I can tell you how much.

6. kuntrycritters

Feb 2, 2007
    NE Arkansas
    I hate to hear about the predator attack. [​IMG]

I just may be interested in some of them.... let me work on my DH and see if I can talk him in to more [​IMG]

My zip code is 63954

thanks

7. tbooher1

Dec 14, 2008
    Montabla
    Yeh, give him a sweet kiss! [​IMG]
    The mininum I could safely ship would be ten, They have to keep each other warm! Looks like overnight shipping would be 25.00
    They are due to hatch on the 2-3rd of Jan. I currently do not have an order for them

8. kuntrycritters

Feb 2, 2007
    NE Arkansas
    that MIGHT work...lol

I will talk to him and see what he says. I would love to have BUNCHES AND BUNCHES of silkies running around here...lol

Thank you and I will be back in touch as soon as I find out if he will let me get them. [​IMG]

God BLess

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by