Silkies x bantam Frizzle Cochins - any interest?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by WiseChicks, Jan 23, 2009.

1. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    After not being able to find a replacement cochin roo without having to try and ship in this #*&#[email protected] cold, I am wondering about just putting one of my extra black silkie roos in with my back frizzle cochins. What does that produce? Would anyone be interested?

I am going to finish my breeding barn this weekend if it kills me, and I am trying to figure out what to do with that last group of hens......

Thoughts? Thanks!

2. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Hi Katie, you hope to get something like this:

[​IMG]

Alot of people on this forum call the breed a sizzle. Try a search on sizzle and you will find quite a few of us that have them.

3. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    OK! DONE! That is darn cute!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've always wondered what a sizzle was!

Hmmmm..... black frizzles will be going in with the black and splash silkie roo as soon as the pen is done. Hopefully everyone will be friendly! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Sizzles are great..... I plan on trying to brred a few too this spring. I think a lot of people would like them.

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    O yes it is something to work on, you dont always get sizzles. You can get frizzled silkies but they are cute too.

7. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    I would be interested!

8. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Check out my website for a description on what you can expect in breeding your two breeds. Sizzles are eventually going to be a breed unto itself. Basically it will have all the characteristics of a Silkie but with Regular hard feathers. As will all Frizzled birds there will be a smooth and Frizzled variety

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by