Silkies

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dreamcatcher, May 10, 2009.

1. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Indiana
    These are some of our silkies, I know it is to early to tell what they are but I would appreciate any guess you would have on the 1st 2 pics.We have 5, The 2 in the pic on the lap are the biggest and the 3 on the floor are the smallest. The little cochin had to be out for pics to, do the silkies look like they are feathering out o.k? We have never had silkies before so Im not sure how fast they feather. They are about 2 months old. Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

I have some Silkies also. they are now about 8 wks old and just last week I started to notice comb and wattles on 1 and not the other 5 so I am guessing it may take that long to even get any idea. I have also heard that you cannot be sure until they are up to 6 mths old. Guess they are for patient ones...

3. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    From what I can tell from the pics...I cannot see many of them good...I can see atleast 1 roo. The others in the pictures are too hard to see...You need good comb shots.

4. iluvwyandottes

iluvwyandottes Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2008
    CA
    Teresaann24 wrote:
    From what I can tell from the pics...I cannot see many of them good...I can see atleast 1 roo. The others in the pictures are too hard to see...You need good comb shots.

I agree atleast one rooin there.
    Are you letting them eat Mc Donalds too. [​IMG]

5. horselover58

horselover58 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2009
    Yep, one roo in there.[​IMG] Beautiful babes. They are feathering just fine so dont worry .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by