Silkies

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AFChick, Nov 9, 2011.

1. AFChick

AFChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Central NC
    Due to losing my entire flock of silkies to a predator yesterday (problem completely solved) I am starting over- Looking for correct silkies breeder/show quality - eggs, chicks, or young adults within reasonable driving distance from Greensboro/Asheboro area of NC.

2. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    I'm so sorry. That is one of the most heart rending things to face.

I have a suggestion, if you have color preferences it would be good to post them. I'm collecting eggs from my whites now. And have listed eggs from paints on BYC for auction.

Watch for shows in your area, many times breeders bring birds for sale. You just might build your flock back up faster than you thought possible.

3. AFChick

AFChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Central NC
    Thank you Robin- I have never been so physically sick as when I pulled into the driveway and saw two of my coops literally ripped to shreds- wood chewed, etc. - Nothing left of any bird but a few piles of feathers.

I have been working on Salmon Silikes and a few other color projects- I had a little over 3 years into the projects and had been extremely selective in what I kept but what makes it worse is that I was very attached to my little guys- they weren't just projects, but all had names and were dearly loved/spoiled. With both sons in college, meaning I have a LOT of free time which my silkies had filled, I almost don't even know what to do with myself right now.

I will take any color as long as they are show/breeding quality as I will be starting from square one again.

4. Shayna

Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    Very sad, I'm sorry. I hope you find the silkies you are looking for soon!

5. 1 hen and 1 roo

1 hen and 1 roo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Ouachita Mountains
    I am so sorry!

That is just awful. Can't imagine it happening to ours.

We have show quality white silkies that we are just now starting to raise.

Hope you can find ones in your area.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by