silkies

realsis

Crazy for Silkies
11 Years
Jan 17, 2013
California
Hi all. This is my new baby I just picked up from the post office. she is only 2 months old. she is a buff silkie. Her name is penny. I wanted to share her pic with you all. She seems nicely developed for a two month old.here is her pic

I bought penny from a breeder called Amber Waves. I believe their website is www.showsilkies.com or you can find them by searching Amber Waves Silkies. They have really nice birds their and they ship all over. They do DNA testing for sex also. I'm very happy with my new baby. I'm very happy she has no smutt ( a black or brown sometimes found on buffs) on her coloring. I got very blessed with her. I know they will soon have babies hatching and going up for sale. You should give them a call. Their birds are usually available all year around but go fast so id callsoon and see what they have. Hope this helps and wish you The best!!

Thank you guys for the complement. She's a sweet lil girl and my other girls seem to be bonding with her. She was really scared when she came because she traveled all by her self. It took a couple hours before she would even walk Around. But then she started to eat drink and explore. I don't think I've ever got a bird so scared before. The shipping must have been really hard on her. Thankfully she's happy now! I felt so bad because she was crying so loudly in her shipping box. But now she's made friends and things are much better! Poor baby the shipping really shook her up.

It was sooo cute penny was sleeping with my other girls! They were like one big chicken!! One big family I'm so happy they are all getting along so well!!!

Oh, my, she's a beauty! Maybe when she goes broody you can hatch eggs from her!

That would be really fun! My other girls have now taken her right into the flock. I cut a small area out by her eyes so she could see.i don't think she could see before with her crest. She seemed much happier when she could see! Before she wasn't moving much but after I cut the small area out so she could see she started exploring and walking all around! I think her crest had obscured her vision. Now she's much happier. I did the cut very carefully so I didn't ruin her crest I just cut a very small area so she was able to see where she was. I usually do that for all my
silkies otherwise they can't see very well. It doesn't hurt the crest its just a small area above the eyes. She was so much happier when she could see!! I'm so excited she's here! I think she was a bit young to ship alone like she did because she was really upset but now she's settled in and seems quite happy. She gets along well with the other babies! There was no pecking at all! I was worried about that but it seems they took her right into their flock!! I felt like Christmas morning when I picked her up from the post office!! I had bought her sight unseen and I'm really happy with what she looks like! I was so worried when tracking her because they said online that she was a hundred miles away at 530 am then at 6 am I got the call she was here!!! I was soo happy! Thank God! I guess you can't count on the tracking to be right!! Online it said she will be delivered thursday by three but luckily she was here wed by 6 am!! I
was worried I would have to wait another day! I'm so greatful she arrived early. As scared as she was in that box I'm not sure what would have happened if she had to go another day!! I'm so greatful it all worked out!! :)

Back
Top Bottom